ContentMine GitHub Repositories
ContentMine YouTube Channel
a collection of videos featuring the ContentMine team and other content miners.
- Intellectual Property Office – Exceptions to copyright: Research (October 2014, PDF) Particularly relevant to those who need to use copyright works as part of their non-commercial research or private study.
- ContentMine Guide: What if you are in a country without an exception to copyright for content mining?
- Guardian Article “Text mining: what do publishers have against this hi-tech research tool?” Researchers push for end to publishers’ default ban on computer scanning of tens of thousands of papers to find links between genes and diseases.
- UK Intellectual Property Office: Guidance on exceptions to copyright Details on the exceptions to copyright that allow limited use of copyright works without the permission of the copyright owner, including the mining exception introduced in 2014.
- The right to read is the right to mine: Text and data mining copyright exceptions introduced in the UK.Ross Mounce provides a brief overview of the past issues discouraging text and data mining and the what the future holds now that these exceptions have been introduced.
Copyright Reform: Advocacy Materials and Evidence
- Julia Reda, MEP: Why academics need to lobby for copyright reform
- Is Europe Falling Behind in Data Mining? Copyright’s Impact on Data Mining in Academic Research Empirical study suggesting significant negative association between copyright protection and innovation.
- The Hargreaves Report suggested copyright reform in the UK which led to the mining exception enacted in 2014.
- Ian Hargreaves and Julia Reda on Copyright Reform: Can Incremental Progress Achieve Results?.
Transcript and video: #epip2015 Opening Keynote (Ian Hargreaves) & Response (Julia Reda)
- EU: Briefing Paper Text and Data Mining and the Need for a Science-friendly EU Copyright Reform April 2015
- Nature News: European Commission report urges legal reform to help scientists text-mine research papers
- Wellcome Trust: Right to Read, Right to mine
Content Mining in Action
- How contentmine.org will extract 100 million scientific facts
- FORCE2015 ContentMine Workshop/hack – we are going to index the scientific literature and clinical trials…
- Mining images in biomedical publications: Detection and analysis of gel diagrams
Content Mining Techniques and Software
- Text mining on Wikipedia
- The ContentMine Scraping Stack: Literature-scale Content Mining with Community-maintained Collections of Declarative Scrapers
- DiRT – Digital Research Tools a registry of digital research tools for scholarly use.